Friday, February 7, 2014

The pies of pies

I make an awesome apple pie.

No, really, I do.

At least that's what everyone tells me.

Recently, I was solicited to make an apple pie for one of our neighbors. He is a solid guy that snow blows our driveway and lends us any kind of tool imaginable. It was time for a proper "thank you".

I used to make pies for the restaurant and some weeks I would make 6 in one week. It used to be stressful, but now that I'm not doing it under a time crunch, or in a kitchen with 6 other people, I find it therapeutic.



I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this device.

Because sometimes you can't find your rolling pin.

Never trust a person that puts the filling in haphazardly. 


Don't worry, this isn't the pie we gave to the neighbor. I just forgot to take an "after" shot of the one last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment