Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gardening

Last year was my first real experience with a garden.

I loved it.

I was working at the restaurant when we decided to tackle the 40 already made boxes that we had in the front of my house (I lived next door).

My dad sometimes kept a garden while my brother and I were growing up. Whether we had a full garden or not, we ALWAYS had cherry tomato plants on the front yard.

I look forward to the planning and organizing and simplicity of it. Gardens are a lot of work, but for now, in the middle of the winter, I choose to live in a dreamland where crop killing stink bugs and weeds don't exist.

Even in the right mood, I find weeding enjoyable. It's a rewarding and gratifying task as the before and after is usually drastic.

Here is a look at the garden we had last year in front of my house. I plan to plant a lot of the same vegetables and herbs this year.
Our Spaghetti Squash plant has been growing almost 3 inches a day. It's ready to take over the garden! (Maybe it will weed the garden too)
Spaghetti Squash taking over
This little jalapeno will be full grown in just a couple of days. We've already harvest over 20 from our 3 plants
Jalapenos! 

We will be using our basil to make Pesto and top our Bridgie's Bird Burger
I'm not a huge fan of Basil in it's raw state, but I enjoy Pesto
Signs I made for the garden. LOVED this project and I loved the convenience of having one outside of each box.

No comments:

Post a Comment